Wednesday 23 November 2016

My Journal

Putting pen to paper...


Throughout the weeks I worked through the book (Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive) a chapter at a time, completing the actions and then talking about them and the rest of my week with Paul at the end of the week. 

Right from the start I was determined that I was going to do this and although there are spaces in the book to write your notes, I decided to make my own journal.  You might notice a small 'Elsa' sticker on the notebook - this was a gift from my niece and quite significant but I will fill you in on that in a later blog.

The first entry in my journal is the Action about noticing your inner voice.  Looking back now, my thoughts were full of worry, self-doubt and anxiety (sickness and otherwise).  I had nothing happy going on in my head.  It's only now that I can see what the fear was doing to me, it was consuming my life.

Chapter three in the book suggests taking up a hobby.  About 18 months ago I took up dancing with my husband and with full-time work, dancing and working through the Thrive programme,  I didn't want to put added pressure on myself so I processed the dancing experience for the purpose of the Action and I decided that instead, I would try something new each week.  I started a new craft that I could do at home in my own time and later on in the blog I will show you my results.

I found it really useful to write down my experiences to share with Paul at the end of the week, making it easier to remember them and giving me something to look back on as I progressed through the programme.


Next time - Self Esteem




No comments:

Post a Comment