Friday 25 November 2016

Two months on...

My last Thrive session was on 2nd October, Paul was an incredible support, challenging me when I needed it and listening, offering additional suggestions and examples to help me to understand things.  Since that anxious first week, I looked forward to my weekly visit knowing I was on the path to a better, happier, more confident life, ruled by me and not my horrible fear. 

I mentioned my 'Thrive Factor' at the beginning was 55/70.   Having challenged and changed my thinking, my overall Thrive factor at the end of the programme is 5/70!!

I also mentioned taking up a new craft.  This was book folding and I found a quote I loved.  I realised after I'd purchased the pattern that it was one of the most difficult patterns I could have chosen but undeterred I purchased a second-hand book from my local charity shop and began the cutting and folding process.  I was determined that I wanted to complete the project by the end of the programme so I would have something tangible to remind me of my achievement.  The book now stands on my shelf where I can see it every day.





The other hobby I had already taken up (in May 2015) was dancing.  I attend a weekly class with my husband but there are times when he can't attend due to work commitments.  These weeks, I happily go by myself and dance with one of the other men.  I even help out new dancers and I have made many new friends and have learnt so much. We are still very much beginner level but since completing Thrive I have signed us up to compete at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool in January 2017! My only aim for that competition is to get around the floor without forgetting any of the steps.  I will update you after the event!


Another significant moment was Monday 21st November when I had a dentist check-up. This was my first visit since the traumatic experience that led me to Thrive.  I never thought I would feel so happy about a visit to the dentist.  No anxiety, no worry and I came out reflecting on how much I have changed. 
  

Although I loved my job before, I feel so much happier and confident at work now.   I also no longer create anxiety about sickness, if something happens I know I will be able to cope.  

The way I look at life has changed for the better and although I am proud to have made these changes myself I cannot thank my consultant Paul enough for his part in my journey.  

If you would like to find out more about The Thrive Programme click on this link 

My consultant was Paul Lee (based in Wolverhampton).  His website can be found here: Thrive with Paul

Finally, since completing the programme I have made my own video on youtube which you can view by clicking here: I cured my emetophobia with Thrive


I have written this blog over a very short period of time, using the notes I had made during the programme.  I will continue to update when something significant happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment